Great News for the THA!
The Trumbull Housing Authority- Stern Village was awarded $5,286,139 for much-needed Capital Improvements to Stern Village.
- In 2013, the Connecticut Housing & Finance Authority deemed us critical and at risk based on a Capital Needs Assessment (CNA) completed for Stern Village.
- The THA has identified additional improvements & energy efficiencies not included in the CNA.
- Up until December 2017, the THA had not received any SSHP funding (State Sponsored Housing Program) for Stern Village. (The THA participated in three rounds of funding.)
Capital Improvements Include the Following:
- Repairs to Sanitary System;
- Repairs to the Storm Water Management System;
- Remove and Replace Roads, Curbs, and Sidewalks;
- Increase the number of ADA Units in the Middle Section of Stern Village to Twenty Units;
- Install Radon Mitigation Systems;
- Install New Water Heater;
- Remove and Replace Asphalt Roofs with Lifetime Architectural Shingles;
- Replace Exterior Front Doors;
- Replace Exterior Siding, Gutters and Fascia;
- Construct ADA Compliant Bathrooms and Kitchen to the Community Room.
Based on the Capital Needs Assessment done by the State for all the Public Housing Authorities, the Trumbull Housing Authority was deemed Critical and at Risk. Here’s why:
MINUTES FROM RESIDENT MEETINGS TO DISCUSS THE REVITALIZATION AND REDEVELOPMENT OF STERN VILLAGE.