DATE: March 28, 2016
TIME: 4 PM
LOCATION: STERN VILLAGE (COMMUNITY HALL), 200 HEDGEHOG CIRCLE TRUMBULL, CT 06611
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance
- Reading and Approval of Minutes for February 22, 2016
- Resident Comments
- Stern Village Residents (only) may speak for a maximum of 3 minutes. Stern Village Residents (only) must sign-up to speak prior to the start of the meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Executive Director’s Report
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Discussion and Motion for Tenant Selection Plan
Tenant Selection Plan
The objective of this Resident Selection Plan is to consolidate relevant policies and procedures affecting Resident selection pursuant to applicable CHFA/DOH regulations and federal, state, and local laws. The Plan sets out a procedure for processing and selecting applicants, including the establishment of preferences and priorities, occupancy standards, rejection standards, reviews and appeals of rejection decisions, and notice requirements.
The Plan is designed to promote fairness and uniformity in Resident selection. It is also designed to detail the application and selection process for those who may have questions or wish information on the process. The THA will not permit these policies to be subverted to do personal or political favors.
The mission of the Trumbull Housing Authority, commonly known as the “THA” is to develop and manage safe, high-quality, affordable housing for low-income seniors and for non-elderly persons with disabilities, in a manner in which promotes citizenship, community, and self-reliance.